Sunday, September 27, 2009

Target Shooting Togetherness

Several years ago I may not have considered target shooting as a 'fun' activity. Ever since meeting Brant, I have learned that having a gun isn't necessarily a bad thing. I used to think they were dangerous and idiotic to have.
Well, I sing a different tune now.
Brant and I both had a day off together (and we didn't even plan it! wow!!)
and after running miscellaneous errands,
decided to go target shooting up against a mountain, on the outskirts of Smithfield.
It's a nice place to shoot. Brant had his 30-06 and
I had my 17HMR bolt action rifle
(mine is better! and only because it doesn't kick when I fire and
because it sounds more impressive when I say it)
Below is the area where we shot. The picture turned out rather disappointing. It was an absolutely gorgeous fall day.
These are our casings. the bigger casing is one of Brant's.
Obviously, mine are the smaller, faster casings

A closeup that really doesn't seem to help..... hmm...

Here is me and my awesome rifle.
I don't care if it has synthetic stock on it, I prefer a smaller-kick to looks.


Here I am lining up my shot


" See Brant lay prone on the ground.
See Brant envision an elk on the distant horizon.
See Brant drool over monster elk.
See Brant line up the shot. "

Lining up that perfect shot.

Here is a better shot of what a B-E-A-Utiful day it was.


1 comment:

  1. i love that you have a gun. brett would love me to want/get one. what a great date! i miss those beautiful utah mountains!!

    ReplyDelete