Thursday, June 4, 2009

Crochet Fun

I have known how to crochet for about 8 years now.
However, during the last 5 years I haven't been able to fervently on a project
(namely I haven't been able to finish anything I start).
It has been quite frustrating because I learned all these different crochet stitches and now I don't remember anything past a slip stitch, single crochet, double crochet, chain stitch, and a front post double crochet stitch. I used to know all these neat, decorative stitches and I've lost them all. My friend and I decided to start crocheting together, with me relearning and she learning altogether. It was a hilarious experience. Imagine two women sitting on a sofa, with yarn and hook in hand. In front of them, sitting on the coffee table, is a laptop. On the screen is the youtube.com main screen. The two women are searching for self-help videos to learn how to do these stitches.



Yeah, that was us. We started and finished winter hats together that same night. We felt very accomplished. Actually it was more like we started that night and worked into the early hours of morning. It was 5 a.m. before I finally looked at my watch. We have a great time together. It's nice having more estrogen around. The testosterone is killing me.



Below are two small afaghans I've made, once is still being made. The hat is the one mentioned above. The unused skeins of yarn are for a new project for my neice. I hope she likes it! The afaghan I'm currently making is kind of skee-whomp-us. I wasn't paying much attention to the number of stitches I had so it's not my best work. It's one I can look back at and laugh about because I am so clueless sometimes. Ask my mom. She can tell you stories....

No comments:

Post a Comment