Sunday, August 29, 2010

H.O.P.E Festival and USU SAAVI

Last year I had the opportunity to participate in the University SAAVI (Sexual Abuse & Anti-Violence Info) 1st Annual H.O.P.E. Festival (Healing Outreach Passion Effort). Its an event held in the University Sunburst Lounge where local businesses and artisans sell their goods and donate 25% of their proceeds to CAPSA (Community Abuse Prevention Services Agency).

I wasn't able to sell anything last year because, for one, I didn't have enough time to get things ready and I hadn't done any research into what people like to buy (as far as crocheted items go) nor did I have enough experience in perfecting my patterns.

This year, I was excited to hear the SAAVI office was putting on the HOPE Festival again. My friend (who has a friend in the SAAVI office) told her, so she told me. I'm hoping to contribute more this year.

I'll be selling my crocheted things and my digital cards again. I can't think of anything else to sell.
Oh well, Hopefully I can get a lot more things made to sell, and maybe put together a picture portfolio or something. We'll see.

This link is for last years Festival Info, but explains the details of the event. I'm waiting for this years info to come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment