Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Miscellaneous thoughts on life

Can I start out by saying that I wish someone would tell the younger generations that life gets more and more hectic. I know life gets harder, but good grief!

Okay, that was my little vent for the day. School has been pretty busy, as usual. I'm looking at buying some graduation announcements, but as usual, I don't have everyones' addresses. I really need to get on top of that. Brant seems to think it is too expensive to get them, but you only graduate once with a bachelor's. I'm excited for that. I'm ready to just work and get paid for it versus working, taking it home and paying someone to give the project to you. It'll also be nice to go to bed at a decent hour versus 3 in the morning. ICK
It's strange, once you get married, at least for me, I felt obligated to write a Christmas letter to everyone and their dog, plus their dog's cousin. I feel obligated to be something close to a perfect housewife, which is a laugh to me. I've always been miss independent, just ask my mother. Being married, I feel like it is my duty to keep in contact with family and friends because I know Brant will never do it. He is too busy playing video games or shooting his guns at empty mountain dew bottles.

So, for anyone who ever finds this little blog in the wide world of blogging, Brant and I will be moving in May. It's just to the southern area of Logan, which will be nice. We're looking at renting a town home. I don't want to buy anything because we're only staying here for about 2 years, then moving who knows where. I'm way excited to move because our apartment building and manager are AWFUL. We unfortunately live in an apartment building full of single college students who like drugs and beer. We get cigarette butts and beer cans on our porch all the time. Brant finally got sick of it and yelled at particular apartment full of people and scared the crap out of them! It was hilarious! I never knew a half-drunk could be so scared! I figured they were just clueless and in a state of stupor.

Oh, on an exciting note, I have two new baby cousins! One from cousin Brett and his wife Stacey, and another from my cousin Adam and his soon-to-be wife Ashley. Both of these women are absolutely wonderful! I'm happy to have them in the family. The two babies, both boys, are so adorable and sweet. I'm probably going to consider them more as nephews than cousins. Past, first cousins, children are like nieces and nephews. That just means more little ones to spoil!!

No comments:

Post a Comment