Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Long Awaited Graduation Pictures

Here are some pictures from my graduation, May 2, 2009. I had to get some good scans because I never got digital copies from my mom. Enjoy!

JoAnn Wilson and I, as I receive my degree (actually its just the cover for it, they mail the real thing out later, and I have yet to receive it) I finally earned by Bachelor of Science degree in Interior Design!!


Darrin Brooks, Me and Steven Mansfield. Two of my professors
(Don't tell, but Steve is my favorite)

My Hubby and I afterwards (Isn't he cute!?)

Steve and I, just before my name was announced

And here I am walking to my seat before the ceremony began. The white sash is the Stole of Gratitude. It's given by the graduate to the person they feel helped them the most throughout their education. I gave mine to my mom, but she insisted I keep it with my graduation cap and everything.

The lights were REALLY yellow, so no, I did not color my hair or anything. It was great having my and Brant's families there to support me and celebrate with me.

Afterwards we went to Olive Garden to have a nice lunch. There are two parts to the actualy graduation ceremony. The first is a general for all the colleges, and they award honored staff and dignitaries, etc, etc. The Second part is when each college separates for their own ceremony. Luckily, my college (Humanities, Art and Social Science - H.A.S.S) was in that same building and started directly after the first portion. However, they were both long enough that EVERYone was really hungry. I have now been graduated just over 2 months. It's been great. the job market is awful, so I'm staying at Staples. It doesn't pay as much as I would like, but every little bit helps.

Thank you to everyone who came to support me, to those who sent me cards because of the distance, and those who wrote to me.

2 comments:

  1. congrats! we sure had alot of cool things happen in a short period of time!! what are your plans now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now our only plan is to try and get credit cards paid off. Job market isn't great in little Logan. Brant should be starting school soon enough. We'll be here a year or two.

    ReplyDelete