Saturday, July 18, 2009

How does your garden grow....

Brant and I were fortunate enough to get some veggie plants from our friends next door. I had been talking about starting our own little garden since we don't buy a lot of veggies (thank Brant for that one). He seems to be more enthusiastic about eatting FRESH vegetables.
So far we have:
3 green onion plants, 1 bell pepper plant (not sure if its green, yellow, or what) and
1 tomato plant. It's HUGE!!!

Here is a shot of the flowers. I can't wait!! I LOVE fresh tomatoes!

These are the flowers I got for my birthday from Brant's Mom and sisters. Brant told them I wanted to have some flowers to take care of because it was something I always did with my Mom during the summer. She and I would find new creative ways to landscape the yard. It was our "thing". The biggest start was when we landscaped around the two evergreen trees in the front yard. we planted some roses and a juniper-type looking tree (I'll be darned if I can't remember what it's called) in the center. If you were to look down at it, it would look wavy, instead of being in a straight line. Doesn't make much sense to anyone but me, oh well.

Hopefully I can keep everything alive!! Hopefully my green thumb makes itself known.

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome. i can't wait to have a garden. those flowers are beautiful. the girls gave me a hanging basket for mother's day and we have been able to keep it alive! yeah. hope your veggies turn out great.

    ReplyDelete