Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Recent Projects and Fun

So, I got some inspiration for some creative projects from my friend two doors down, and here are the fruits of my labor! I'm so excited!
These are a set of frames I painted and wrapped in color-coordinating ribbon. I got the color scheme from a piece of scrapbook paper I really like. I especially like the green color. I LOVE green and natural colors, but moreso brighter, more vibrant greens


Here are some closeups so you can see the ribbon.







Here is another project I started. Since Brant and I are on a tighter budget, I thought crocheting an afghan for my niece's birthday would be appropriate. I had leftover yarn so I also made her a scarf. She'll be three. Her birthday is also Brant's birthday.




I have three more frames to paint with a different color scheme. I'm excited to see how they turn out. I'm kind of using the same idea, but I'm going to try something else.
I'm also going to try my luck at designing and printing Wedding Announcements/Invitations for some extra income and so my design and computer skills don't dwindle away. I have a few designs already, it's just getting the rest of the material to sell with it.
My project stuff is all over the living room and it's driving Brant nuts,
but I'm having so much fun!

1 comment: