Thursday, August 27, 2009

My First Commision Job on Etsy.com!

So, I got the idea from my friend next door to start selling wedding, birthday and other invitations on this website called etsy.com It is where vintage and handmade things are sold. I decided (after much research) to just sell digital copies of my invites until I can afford to print them myself (which will be a while). I format them at 5x7 and sold for between $13-15. I think its a good deal considering you can print the entire thing for the price of a photo house print. PRETTY CHEAP and great for a BUDGET!
So I had been signed up for about a week when I get a message from a mom who wants to comission a custom invitation for her two boys' birthdays. Turns out she has a HUGE fall festival bash for her boys who are both under the age of 4! So, after about a week and ahalf of working with her, we finally have the perfect announcement for her. My custom designs are $30, so I was pretty excited. I have made wedding announcements/invites for a friend or two (as wedding gifts) as well as my own so I figured I have experience enough for this.
The mom LOVED what I came up with so I'm feeling even more confident in my abilities. She was great to work with too.
I can proudly say I have positive feedback on my little etsy shop. I have a little more confidence in my shop now and I think it'll turn out better for making a little extra money for bills versus selling my stuff on ebay
(stuff I no longer use, of course)
My Shop Web Address!

No comments:

Post a Comment