Sunday, July 5, 2009

Some pictures I found.....

I was going through a lot of my pictures, putting them in my scrapbook pile or putting them into photo albums, and I found the pictures from my black belt test on April 18, 2009. I was really excited to find them because I have been wanting to put them in my scrapbook, as well as enlarge one with Master Hall (my teachers' teacher). I scanned them in and I picked out a few of my favorites.

I'm lining up my boards here.Here I am in the process of breaking them. I had to break 8 boards in 10 seconds. I managed to break them all in about 14 because my last break was a little difficult. It was a 360 degree jump back kick. I realize that only means something to me, but its a neat kick.

Here, Jessica and I are sparring. It's like a play-fight without full-on contact. It takes a lot of control to attack without making contact. Light contact is acceptable.

Here I am during a poomse
(a fighting dance trainees practiced to learn how to combine techniques)

My brother Matt, Me, Kathy, (behind her) Master Hall, Lance, and Jessica
Here I am shaking hands with Kathy (My teacher)
Here I am receiving my black belt certificate from Master Hall
And last but not least, I am receiving my black belt, Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. that's so awesome jessie! what an accomplishment! i haven't even known a black belt!!

    ReplyDelete